Join our team
Born from our passion and inspired by community and food-service excellence, Yela Concepts, formerly known as Detour Concepts, has created a legacy of success in the food industry. We believe in the honor of service and customer experience, where going the extra mile isn’t the exception, it’s the expectation.
Primary Position Purpose
The Executive Chef is responsible for assisting in the culinary design of the venues’ menus in accordance with organization and execution of the day-to-day food and beverage operations, training, consulting and involvement with the launch and development of new franchises.
- Responsible for overall management of Restaurants and Food Hall concepts, including scheduling, supervising activities of cooks, coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor cost.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only the freshest ingredients of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Reads and employs math skills for recipes.
- Approves requisitions for supplies and food items for production on work station.
- Participates in production of all food items necessary for operation.
- Hires, trains and supervises kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items, equipment and safety measures. Evaluate performance, give guidance and discipline as necessary to produce quality products.
- Monitors to ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating and placing items in proper containers to ensure products freshness.
- Assigns in detail, specific duties to all associates for efficient operation of kitchen and service.
- Writes, costs, tests, maintains and updates all menu specifications, recipes and pictures, production forecasts, and ensures same are being followed.
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures; performs inventory counts as requested.
- Ability to coach, train and develop efficient and successful team.
- Ensures all workstations, storerooms and dining areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and in proper working order at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School diploma or GED; Associate degree in Food and Beverage preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years in BOH restaurant environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of BOH management experience in a high-volume/multi-franchise restaurant environment (fine dining and fast-casual).
- Thorough knowledge of hot, cold food and pastry preparation.
- Extensive skill in usage of slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other associates and leaders.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand to use all kitchen equipment.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces, within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to lift/move/maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with food halls and running multiple stores in multiple locations is beneficial.